We welcome your comments. But before you contact us, here are a few things we’d like to tell you…
- You are free to share our articles with friends, colleagues and students. You don’t need to ask our permission first.
- You are free to quote passages—even long ones—from our articles without asking prior permission, but we ask you to link to the web page on which the original article appeared.
- You may also translate passages and quote them. Please link to the web page on which the original article appeared.
- Any quoted and/or translated content must be freely available to readers. You may not sell content nor alter the author’s original meaning. In the case of translation, you must faithfully translate the text as written.
- Translated content must link to the web page of the original article and credit the author. Attribution must be included (translated as necessary): “Translated and reprinted with the permission of The Editors’ Weekly, Editors Canada and the author(s).”
- If you would like to reproduce an entire article, we do want to hear from you, as you’ll need the author’s permission. If authors have a website, email or Twitter link in their bio, you may contact them directly. If they don’t, let us know and we will put you in touch.
- To reprint an article, we ask you to wait at least one month after the article’s initial publication date (found below the title of each blog post). Use this attribution text: “Reprinted with the permission of The Editors’ Weekly, Editors Canada and the author(s).”
- You may not sell any content from The Editors’ Weekly that you have quoted, reprinted or translated.
- If you want to make a public comment about an article on The Editors’ Weekly blog, please do so in the comments section following the article in question. If you want to report a grammatical, typographical or factual error, please contact us.
- If you would like to propose an idea for a blog post—a topic you would either like to see covered or are willing to write about—please submit your suggestion below. The blog manager will respond to your query, but not all suggestions are published. If we decide to publish your post we will let you know the publishing date; we book articles four to six weeks in advance.
If there’s anything we haven’t covered above and you still want to get in touch, please contact us at blog [at] editors.ca or fill in the form below:
The Editors’ Weekly
blog [at] editors.ca
National Office/Permanence nationale
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1507
Toronto, ON M5B 1Z8