Looking for writing or editing experience?
If you are interested in building your writing or editing portfolio, why not consider volunteering for The Editors’ Weekly? The blog depends on Editors Canada members who have experience in any of these areas:
- content generation
- website development
- French translation
As one of our experienced editors has written, you “don’t [need to] separate your paid work from your volunteer work on LinkedIn or on your resumé. Experience is experience.” One way to build your career in the editing field is to use your volunteer work — such as writing or editing for The Editors’ Weekly — to make yourself more marketable.
So if you’re interested in volunteering for the blog on a regular basis or if you have an idea for writing a blog post, let us know!
Today is the last day for members to register for the Editors Canada annual general meeting, which will be held this Saturday, June 24 from 1 to 3 p.m. EDT on Zoom. Members can register for the online meeting until 11:59 p.m.
A recent Editors’ Weekly article by past president Heather Buzila, “Your Editors Canada National Executive Council,” can also tell you more about Editors Canada governance.
Some reminders about registration are below.
- Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email that contains a unique URL to access the AGM on Zoom.
- You will also receive an automatically generated reminder email the day before the meeting.
- Only one person can use each unique URL. This URL has been personalized for you. Please do not share it. If another person uses your unique URL before you, you will not be able to log into the meeting.
- Although Zoom provides a call-in option for meetings, please do not use this option, as it will not allow you to participate in the voting procedures.
- For more information about participating remotely using the online platform, please see our FAQs (member login required).
Student affiliate registration
If you are a student affiliate who would like to call in to hear this year’s AGM, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by today at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
Look for conference wrap-up highlights from last weekend — including session recording details — in a future post. In the meantime, if you were able to attend the conference in person, tell us what your experience was like in the comments below!
Previous post from Lucy Payette: Back-to-School Season: Of Food, Cocktails and Conversation
The Editors’ Weekly is the official blog of Editors Canada. Contact us.